A major fire has permanently wiped out the memories of ANR’s last film “Manam” if we have to say. The incident that occurred on Monday evening at Annapurna Studio premises in Road 2, Jubilee Hills, has reduced a set erected for Manam movie to ashes.
“In just three minutes span, the set got reduced to ashes. We have fire extinguishers and a fire engine as well in the studio premises, but even before they reached the spot, fire submerged the whole setup”, avered Nagarjuna, talking about the incident. It is heard that sparks ignited from an electric transformer caused the fire and the dried grass on the setting added more fuel to it.
Nagarjuna stated that it is quite fortunate that none got injured in the incident. Meanwhile he added, “I’m happy and at the same time I’m disappointed that dad’s memory perished this way as he spent most of his last days there”.
When quizzed about the value of property damaged, Nag added, “We erected this set five years ago and someone has extended it now. Maybe it would have cost around 2 crores, but that money is nothing before a life”.
on a concluding note Hero Nagarjuna said “After all this is a set, what is it before life? Happy that we didn’t lose any life due”,