Nearly 14 people were hospitalised after ammonia gas leak occurred in a dairy firm in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. The incident took place in M Bandapalli area of Puthalapattu Mandal of the district where the tank leakage occurred in a private dairy firm, Hatsun.
Mr. Narayan Bharat Gupta, Chittoor District Collector told to reporters that they got the information that ammonia gas was leaked at Hatson company milk process unit near Putalapattu at around 5 pm. 14 labourers who were working in that shift are brought to the hospital here in Chittoor. Among them, 3 people are serious and probably will be shifted to SVIMS or Ruia hospital in Tirupati.
He added that a team of officers are appointed to provide a detailed report of the incident and appealed people staying nearby to avoid any kind of panic situation. Seeking details of the mishap, Andhra’s Deputy chief minister K Narayana Swamy spoke to the District Collector and SP Senthil Kumar. Panchayat Raj minister directed the collector to ensure better treatment for workers who fell ill.